THE WORLD’S LARGEST SINGLE TRAIN REFINERY AND AFRICA’S BIGGEST LAUNCHED IN LAGOS NIGERIA.
Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote and his Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals is set to be commissioned today, 22nd May 2023.
10 facts you need to know about Dangote Refinery.
- It is located at Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos, covering an area of about 2,635 hectares with the capacity to process about 650k barrels/day of crude oil
- The refinery is powered by a 435-megawatt (MW) power plant.
- The refinery is the world’s largest single train with a capacity of 650,000 barrels per day with a 900 KTPA Polypropylene plant.
- At full capacity, it can meet 100% of the Nigerian requirement of all refined products and also have surplus for exports.
- Designed for 100% Nigerian crude with flexibility to process other crudes.
- Self-sufficient marine facility with ability for freight optimization. Largest single order of 5 single-point mooring (SPMs) anywhere in the world.
- Diesel and gasoline from the refinery will conform to Euro V specifications.
- The refinery design complies with World Bank, US EPA, European emission norms and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) emission/effluent norms.
- Incorporates state-of-the-art technology.
- 65 million cubic meters of sand dredged, costing approximately €300 million, using the world’s largest dredgers.
Thanks For Visiting us